Recipe for spicy Andhra Style Black Pepper Chicken
The most common thing about Hyderabadi cuisine is that Hyderabadi dishes are often hot and spicy. That’s because some of the hottest chilies are grown in Andhra Pradesh and that’s what makes the traditional Andhra dishes very spicy. These dishes are however delicious at the same time. The non-vegetarian dishes are even more amazing. If there is one dish that most people love to eat in Andhra Pradesh, it is the Hyderabadi Black Pepper Chicken.
Would you like to make this recipe at home during the lockdown? Here is a simplified version of the Andhra Style Pepper Chicken Recipe that is easy to make – even for a bachelor!
This hot Hyderabadi pepper chicken is not just delicious, but it also comes with many health benefits. If you eat this pepper chicken when you have a cold, your cold will surely melt away.
Now let’s see how to make this delicious and spicy Andhra Style Pepper Chicken Recipe. Please try this recipe for black pepper chicken and share with us your thoughts on how it tasted.
For marinating chicken
- Chicken – 500 gm (cut into small pieces)
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Ginger – 2 inches
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
For Pepper Chicken Seasoning
- Black Pepper Whole – 2 1/2 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Green chilies (slit) – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Curry Leaves – a few
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tbsp (ground)
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp Spoon
Pepper Chicken Recipe:
- First, rinse the chicken and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Grind ginger and garlic cloves in a mixer and make a coarse paste.
- Then add the ginger-garlic paste, as well as turmeric powder, lemon juice, and salt to the chicken. Cover the chicken well with this mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Dry roast whole black pepper, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and fennel seeds in a frying pan over a low flame, till the spices become aromatic. Cool the mixture and grind to a fine powder in a grinder. Set aside this seasoning spice.
- Then take a wide frying pan and preheat it over medium flame. Add 4 tbsp oil and when the oil becomes hot add onion, green chilies, ginger, garlic and fry till onion is well browned. Add the curry leaves and continue frying.
- When the onion is golden brown, add the marinated chicken and fry for 2 minutes over medium flame. Then add the seasoning spice and salt. Mix well and saute for two minutes.
- Then pour a little water to cover the chicken, cover with a lid and cook the chicken over low flame for about 10-15 minutes.
- When the chicken is well cooked and becomes tender, open the lid and bring the mixture to a boil until all water evaporates.
- Garnish with lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, and black pepper powder. Your delicious and spicy Hyderabadi Pepper Chicken is now ready to serve. This dish goes very well with steamed rice.