How to make Chicken Tikka Masala at Home?
Yes! We have another super tasty and really easy recipe for an Indian dish that is popular all over the world. And, that is Chicken Tikka Masala – a mild, flavorful creamy chicken curry.
There are many different ways in which restaurant chefs prepare this dish. We have made this Chicken tikka masala recipe so easy that you can make it yourself at home.
You don’t actually need many ingredients for chicken tikka masala. Now you might look at the ingredients list and think, well, that still seems like a big list. True, for a delicious curry you usually need a lot of spices, but you probably have them all at home and otherwise, they are simply available at the supermarket around the corner.
This Chicken Tikka Masala tastes delicious with rice or naan. We hope that you enjoy this simple and easy-to-make Chicken Tikka Masala recipe at your home, even during the lockdown.
For Chicken Marinade
- 400 gm boneless chicken breast
- 200 gm yogurt
- ½ tablespoon ginger paste
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon of garam masala
- ½ tablespoon of Tandoori masala
- ½ tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder or Paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Salt to taste
For Curry Sauce
- 400 gm tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 100 gm fresh cream
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 2 teaspoons of Kashmiri chili or Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons Kasuri methi leaves
- 4 tablespoons of almond flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and put them in a large mixing bowl. Marinate the chicken with the ingredients for the chicken marinade and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Pour a drizzle of peanut oil into a frying pan and heat it over medium heat. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade. (Wipe off the yogurt marinade a little.) Fry the chicken pieces on both sides. Don’t let them stick to the bottom. Remove the pieces from the pan and keep them aside.
Now we are going to make the curry sauce:
- First fry the chopped onions, ginger, and garlic till the onion turns golden.
- Then add the dry herbs: coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, garam masala, and fry for few minutes till the mixture becomes aromatic.
- Add tomato puree and cook this mixture briefly. Then add fresh cream and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add a little water if necessary if the sauce is too thick.
- Add the chicken tikka pieces, toss and season with salt, pepper, and extra garam masala if desired.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, roasted almond flakes, and Kasuri methi leaves. Your delicious Chicken Tikka Masala is ready to serve.